6 to 9 AUGUST 2010
Only 90 minutes drive from Cape Town (on the popular, scenic Route 62), why not take the time to head out to the country and enjoy the simple pleasures in life… slowly at the Robertson Wine Valley’s slow-living festival. At Robertson Slow, one can sample honest, old-fashioned, rural hospitality synonymous with the Robertson Wine Valley’s wine-making community. Relish the slow food and wine that will satiate your senses and revel in the relaxed pace that will replenish your soul.
Once again, Robertson Slow will be taking place, over a long weekend, from Friday 6 to Monday 9 August, and will allow you to indulge in the laid-back comfort of the Valley, at a leisurely pace, leaving you utterly refreshed.
After the Robertson Wine Valley was judged the “best innovative wine tourism experience” at the Best of Wine Tourism Awards by global wine tourism experts, the Great Wine Capitals Global Network; and since Robertson Slow has been voted “best showcase for a wine route” for three consecutive years by acclaimed travel journalist Graham Howe on http://www.wine.co.za, Robertson Slow 2010 is definitely an event not to be missed!
The Robertson Wine Valley is looking to attract visitors yearning to experience the charm of country life in intimate settings characterised by each farm’s unique personal touch. While enjoying time-honoured activities, visitors will be afforded the opportunity to interact with wine-makers and wine-farmers, in an informal ambience, getting to know them and their respective families.
Here are just a few of the many activities that can be enjoyed at Robertson Slow:
• Indulge in traditional cuisine, using local ingredients from the Valley;
• Experience wine-tastings and dinners in the homes of the local wine-making families, savouring family recipes;
• Revel in the beauty of biodiversity with fynbos walks;
• Learn how to make your own salami;
• Master the art of pairing wine with food;
• Discover the fine art of cheese-making followed by a tutored tasting;
• Try your hand at making pasta or baking vetkoek to perfection;
• Treat yourself to an organic meal on an organic wine farm;
• Browse and shop at leisure, on Sunday 8 August, at the Robertson Valley Regional Food Market, and choose from a colourful array of delectable fresh produce.
Robertson Slow may be focusing on the ‘slow’ way of life, but don’t be ‘slow’ to book your place at one (or more) of the events which best represents your interpretation of the essence of country living. To avoid disappointment, events must be booked before Friday 30 July.
For more information on Robertson Slow, and a full program of events, as well as booking details: visit http://www.robertsonslow.com or contact the Robertson Wine Valley on: tel (023) 626 3167